Every Apple fan knows how useful iMovie is when it comes to creating your own videos. The program gives Mac users an easy-to-use yet powerful video maker – and it’s already built into their machine. Unfortunately, Apple developers have not provided a way to download iMovie for Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. However, people still search “download iMovie for PC”. Given that it’s impossible to get iMovie on Windows, what do you do?
There are many different programs like iMovie, but not all of them can substitute for the original Apple product and be a real “Microsoft Windows version of iMovie”. We recommend you try Movavi Video Editor Plus! It’s a great piece of software with lots of functions to help you create your own video masterpiece from scratch on your personal computer or laptop. Download iMovie on Windows – Best Video Editing Software from Movavi and see how simple to use yet powerful it is!
Can you use iMovie on Windows?
Unfortunately, Apple doesn’t offer iMovie for Windows or iMovie online, and it is very likely that there will never be a Windows version of iMovie. Keeping iMovie exclusive to Apple systems can be one of the selling points that drive more users to buy Apple products.
Although there is no iMovie for Windows, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the functionality of iMovie on Windows PC. There are many iMovie alternatives for Windows, which not only provide video editing features that you can find in iMovie – titles, effects, music, color correction, cutting, transition – but also features that iMovie lacks. Here you’ll learn PawEditor, a great iMovie equivalent for Windows 10, 8, 7 from Video Stitch Official website, which is as easy-to-use and powerful as iMovie.
Powerful Video Editing Features Similar to iMovie
- Every regular video editing tool is provided in this iMovie alternative for Windows, as well as professional tools like Green/Split Screen, Pan/Zoom, Animation, PiP……
- Split, merge, crop, rotate and enhance your video in clicks.
- Organize your video, audio, and titles in tracks of the powerful Timeline.
- Enhance your video with professional tools like Stabilization, Pan/Zoom, Brightness/Contrast, Chroma Key, Color Balance, and more.
- Includes an array of free elements such as 48 free titles, 100+ filters, 100+ dazzling transitions, 100+ stickers, royalty-free music, backgrounds, etc.
Want A Video Editor Similar to iMovie but for PC?
Nowadays, Apple’s Mac and Microsoft’s Windows is the main operating systems for personal users. Many people use both Mac and Windows PC computers – usually Windows at the office, while Mac at home. Someone may also have transferred from Mac to Windows for its more and more optimized features. If you’re previously a Mac user and familiar with iMovie, now want to edit videos on your Windows PC computer, you need an iMovie for PC video editing software.
There is a so-called virtualization technology that enables you to run Mac and thus iMovie on Windows. The best virtualization software is Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion. But you have to pay for the operating system and the software itself; it requires a dual boot and runs the OS-in-OS slowly.
Why not simply get an iMovie but works in Windows? There is an array of video editing software applications for Windows PC. Like Movavi Video Editor, AVS Video Editor, Cyberlink PowerDirector, Corel VideoStudio, and so on.
Minimum System Requirements
- Administrator permissions are required for installation
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8/7/Vista/XP
- Intel or AMD or compatible processors, 1GHz
- Graphics display resolution of 1024×768, 32-bit color
- 1GB for Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7, 256MB RAM for Windows XP and 512MB for Vista
- 250MB free hard disk space for installation, 2GB for ongoing operations
- QuickTime Player for PC for MOV file processing
- VHS capture device is required for capturing analog video